Our Guide to the Best Online Casinos for You
Today there is a jungle of casinos and online games out there. For those worried about fraudulent providers and cheaters, we have compiled the top ratings for the best online casinos. They cover providers from Germany, Canada, Australia, Spain, UK, Poland, China, Turkey, the USA, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Japan, and Finland.
The goal is to help you understand how to choose the best and the most reliable casinos and how to avoid hidden pitfalls before creating your first online casino account. Here you will also find the complete list of trusted providers and our tips to make the gaming experience better.
How to Choose a Reliable Online Casino
What do you need to assess whether a casino is trustworthy? There are multiple factors that can sway your decision. But it’s worth the time – after all, it’s real money, and you don’t want to waste in on a fraudulent casino.
Before you decide on an online casino, ask yourself the following questions.
- Does the casino accept players from your country/state? Different regions place different rules for online casinos. Before you commit to any software, you need to be sure that the establishment isn’t restricted from operating where you live.
- Is it licensed, and what entity regulates it? On top of just being legal in your country, you need to check the licensing body. Not only will it affect the tax collection of your winnings, but it will also affect whether you can contact the licenser about suspicious activity.
- Does it have a good reputation? Research online what people are saying – the more information you can get, the better. Does the casino stall withdrawals? Has it been involved in a scandal? What is the general consensus among users?
- What is the game selection? Some people prefer a wider selection to have plenty of choices, while others want the casino to have fewer but higher-quality games. If you have a favorite game, see if the casino has that particular variety.
- What is the range of payment solutions? In the early days of online gambling, payment options were limited to bank transfers. Now, it’s preferred to have a better selection, such as debit cards, PayPal, Skrill or Neteller, POLi, or iDebit.
- What is the revenue-to-bankroll ratio? This is something that many beginner players tend to neglect. See the financial capabilities of a given casino to pay you out in case of a big win. In some casinos, it would take you years to get all of your money because of withdrawal limits.
- How responsive is the customer support? It’s crucial to have professional customer service in an industry like online casinos. When playing for real money, 24/7 support is a necessity as some issues need to be solved in a matter of minutes. The ideal form is the live chat.
- How good are the bonus programs? Bonuses have a large impact on your overall gaming experience, so you want to pick a casino with the best ones. We’ll talk about bonuses in greater detail down below.
- Does it offer mobile gaming? In your free time, you probably spend more time on your phone than on your computer. Plus, it’s way more convenient. Wouldn’t you like to play at a casino with pleasant mobile support?
- Is the website/application easy to navigate? A bad design can ruin the entire experience. But it’s not uncommon to find casinos with a low budget, weak or no developer team at all. Pick casinos with innovative, intuitive interfaces for a smooth ride.
Different Types of Online Casino Bonuses
Why would you want to lose free money? Take advantage of the bonuses that we’ll describe below. This extended bankroll can be a much-needed opportunity to give new games a try, perfect your strategies, and play longer overall.
This type of bonus is the one you’re almost guaranteed to see in a casino. As a new player, you receive a sign-up bonus to get you started. There are different bonus levels that every casino sets on its own. When you’re not sure whether you should spend real money on a new casino, it’s a great way to test the software with no further consequences.
No Deposit Bonus
As the name suggests, it’s a small bundle of bonus funds that requires no deposit. In effect, it’s another version of free cash to play with. Casinos offer a wide range of different amounts, but most commonly, bonuses are worth around $5 to $10. Even though it’s not a big sum, it’s still something, considering you don’t pay any of your own money upfront.
Bear in mind that these bonuses can have wagering requirements and game restrictions. Before you use any bonus, carefully go through the terms. Otherwise, it might not be as good of a gift as you expected.
Monthly Deposit Bonus
When you reload your account with more money, you get a bonus. Sadly, it’s usually not as impressive as the welcome bonus. In some casinos, it can be a “thank you” on a monthly basis to encourage you to keep playing. Sometimes, the bonus size varies based on how much you deposit.
In other places, the size of the monthly bonus depends on your activity during the previous month. So, the more you play on a given month, the more money you’ll receive the next time.
Payment Method Bonus
Some establishments offer bonuses for using a specific payment vendor. For example, they can arrange a special deal with a certain e-wallet solution, and you’ll get extra money every time you use it. It’s not very common, but it’s worth checking out.
Refer a Friend Casino Bonus
Casinos want to encourage friend-to-friend recommendations. Casinos get a new customer, and you receive a bonus if your friend creates an account and another if they make a deposit. It’s a win-win situation.
This one is similar to a welcome bonus. The difference is that it applies to a roulette machine that the casino chooses. For example, every time you deposit money, you get extra spins, depending on the amount.
Snapshot of Games Offered in Online Casinos
One of the best things about online casinos is that you have tons of games available in a few clicks. There are hundreds of variations, but let’s discuss the main types that you will find in any major casino.
Just like in regular casinos, this is one of the first place enthusiasts go to. Online venues have numerous titles based on themes, movies, TV shows, and even rock bands. So, you’ll never be bored with the selection.
Progressive slots give players a chance to receive massive payouts on a single spin. They are designed to take a small percentage of every bet, over an unspecified period of time. But at a certain point, all this money is allocated to one lucky person. The odds aren’t the best, but the potential for profit is huge.
Some popular progressive slots include the likes of:
- Divine Fortune
- Captain Nemo
Traditional slots don’t have dynamic payouts. However, you can still achieve six- and seven-figure scores with static slots if you wager big. A few examples of traditional online slots include:
- Gonzo’s Quest
- China Shores
Blackjack offers one of the best return-to-player percentages, so it makes the game very enticing. There are many scientific and mathematically sound attempts to develop an optimal blackjack playing strategy. At the very core, the game is very easy, and by following the “best decisions” chart, you can play:
- Classic Blackjack
- Progressive Blackjack
- European Blackjack
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Spanish 21
- Blackjack Switch
- Vegas Strip Blackjack
Roulette features an iconic colorful spinning wheel that anyone will recognize. There are red and black slots that have the numbers 1 to 36 on them, and one or two green zero slots. Basically, this is everything you have at your disposal. However, you’re not limited in your actions – there are nearly a dozen types of bets.
The most common variations of roulette are:
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
- French Roulette
- 3 Wheel Roulette
Video poker is a game that isn’t only guided by chance but also a player’s skill. For example, you can use mathematical observations to minimize the house edge. But regardless of strategies, video poker looks incredibly attractive for both novices and experienced gamblers.
The types of poker you can find in casinos include:
- Jacks or Better
- Joker Poker
- Deuces Wild
- Double Bonus
- Double Double Bonus
- Tens or Better
- All American
Baccarat has become especially popular in Chinese Macau, a jewel in a casino haven. Partly, it’s because the game is extremely simple to play. All you need to do is place your bet, and the cards will be dealt out automatically. Baccarat isn’t always represented in online casinos, but it’s definitely worth a try.
These days, sports betting is all the rage. Many people enjoy the action of real and virtual sports, which paved the way for legal sports betting. Online casinos have filled the gap and started offering sports wagering in:
- Car racing
- Greyhound racing
- Motorcycle racing
Major Casino Software Providers
The online gaming industry owes its success to the leading casino software providers. They were behind this massive transition from land-based casinos to digital gaming. At the forefront are the following three companies (among other ones, of course) – Microgaming, NetEnt, and Pragmatic Play.
Microgaming developed the world’s first online casino software back in the 1900s. But even now, this UK-based platform keeps its position as a market leader – with over 120 casinos and a further 40 poker rooms running on its engine. Additionally, Microgaming provides trust marks to casino operators as a founder of eCOGRA.
- Industry leader for more than 20 years
- Licensed by multiple authorities (UK Gambling Commission, eCOGRA)
- Largest portfolio of online betting games on the market (bingo, casino games, poker, sportsbook, live casino)
- Multi-device compatibility
- Impressive game release schedule (new titles every month and improved quality)
- Many games are just re-skins of other Microgaming games
- Limited variety of bingo games
NetEnt is a Swedish-based online casino provider that has also been around since the mid-1990s. The platform powers 140 online casinos and hosts more than 130 online casino games. In 2007, the company was listed on the Nasdaq OMX stock exchange, which was a great achievement for the industry. And the team continued with positive progress featuring unique themes and designs.
- Audited and tested regularly for compliance and fairness
- Regular additions to the games
- Games are hosted by real croupiers (full HD streaming)
- Unique table games
- Some of the biggest progressive jackpots
- Lack of break out bonus games
- Restricted for download in some countries
Pragmatic Play is a relatively new addition to the game developer scene. Despite being in the industry for a short time, the company managed to release more than 100 HTML5 games alongside 100 mobile games. Their in-house developed casino solutions received full certification spread throughout 13 jurisdictions.
- Regular industry standardized audits by TST
- Massive selection of titles (slots, pokies, instant win games, casino table games)
- Low, medium, and high variance games
- No glitches, lag, and freezing
- Available in 78 countries in 26 languages
- Questionable past associations
- Not all games are mobile-optimized
Tips to Win Online Casino Games
There are many players that make the same mistakes over and over again. If you want to escape that fate, use the following practices, and increase your chances of winning:
- Tilt the odds in your favor – Learn about betting strategies that actually work. Even though some of them might be risky, there are great strategies that make winning a more realistic outcome. At the very least, it will give you a straightaway structure.
- Beat casinos at their own game – The house edge can be as little as 0.05% or as high as 3-6%. Unfortunately, the casino will always maintain a slight advantage. But you can master the skill of leveraging the house edge as much as possible.
- Earn VIP and high roller rewards – As a VIP player, you receive numerous benefits that other users don’t have access to. For example, it can include faster payout times, relaxed rules for cash withdrawals, personalized gift offerings, and a lot more.
- Spend less, win more – If you have a $100 budget, don’t start with a $20 bet. Instead, stretch out this amount of money over a longer period of time. Not only is it a safer method, but it also makes your experience more enjoyable.
- Don’t trust superstitions – Most online casinos use random number generators to ensure fair conditions for everyone. So, chances that a casino has a bias or some number are likely to appear are very slim. Don’t be blinded by false beliefs that can quickly gain full control of your actions.
- Avoid drinking – Alcohol and gambling don’t mix well. Your success largely depends on your decision-making abilities (not just pure luck). Drinking can lead to poor decisions – like not sticking to your strategies or spending more than you were planning to.
- Don’t chase your losses – When you have a losing streak, it might be tempting to continue playing until you win everything back. While this may well be the case, there is no guarantee. In that case, don’t lose your head or give in to temptation.
- Pick the games you love – If you don’t enjoy the game you’re playing, there is no point in doing it. While gaining profits is definitely a good incentive to play, you still want to have a good time.
It is going to be a very tricky affair in the process of picking your games. You could want to choose the ones that you love. There is also a temptation to pick the ones to give you better odds to win. You should tread carefully during the process of choosing the games you will be playing.